Waiting For Ladybug

Friday, October 21, 2005

It's official! We're on our way!

We got back from our annual Disney Family Vacation very late Monday night (about 1:00 am). I just couldn't stand the suspense anymore! I had asked our agency to call our cell phones to let us know if we had been accepted. We never heard from them. SO, now I was beginning to become concerned about whether or not we had been accepted or refused.
BUT, the problem was that they e-mailed us. So, Robert and I sifted through 400+ e-mails at 1:00 am to find the one dated October 11.
Hi Robert and Shannon, Congratulations! Your registration application hasbeen accepted to begin your China adoption. I seefrom my records that on August 24th, I sent you thefollowing:
We've been accepted! We're gonna have a daughter! It's becoming more and more real with every step.
Thank you, Lord!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

We've waited so long, now we can start waiting!

After years of seeking ways to add to our family, we finally believe that God has answered our request. In March 2005, as I was driving home one Sunday afternoon, I heard a radio announcement for Stephen Curtis Chapman's foundation, Shoahannah's Hope. This foundation offers financial grants to those that desire to adopt from China. After having researched so many options of adoption in the past, we had determined that we would never be able to afford to adopt. This advertisement gave me a slight glimmer of hope. I went home and started researching on the internet all of the options for Chinese adoption. We quickly felt that God was showing us an opportunity to grant the desire of our heart.

We also realized that, having been appointed in Odessa for five years, there was a high likelihood that we would be under farewell orders. We knew that it would be wise to wait for word regarding our appointment before we made application with an agency. Sure enough, we did receive a transfer to Longview, Texas.

Upon our arrival in Longview, we quickly knew that it was a necessity to purchase a new quarters, which would require yet another move.

On August 30, 2005 we moved into a new home with great anticipation of beginning the process right away. However, Hurricane Katrina hit land on August 29th, and our lives, once again became quite chaotic making it an impossibility to begin the process.

After 6+ months of knowing and waiting, we FINALLY made our official application with Harrah's AIM. When we have received our acceptance from this agency, we will begin the process of our homestudy, and document preparation.

We know that this will be a lengthy process, but feel that after so many years of waiting, that we are finally in the "home stretch". We simply can't wait to know that we are cleared to bring our daughter home!